Responsibility of the Bride and Groom
The Bride and groom will deliver the wedding license to Rev.
Aaron at least one day before the wedding.
The license should have all the required signatures except that of the minister. (The license
becomes a legal document only after it is signed by the minister.) This arrangement works best because it is often difficult getting the signatures after the wedding when everyone is celebrating.
- The bride and groom should sign their full legal signatures on the license.
- The bride should sign the license with her pre-married signature (not her new married name).
The witnesses (usually best man and maid/matron of honor) should be of legal age & sign their full legal signatures.
Responsibility of the Minister
Rev. Aaron will be responsible for making sure that all the signatures are in the proper places and that the license is mailed to the proper county clerk's office in a timely manner. He will also send you a
copy of your license as well as a marriage certificate whenever the county provides one.
Marriage Licenses in
Saint Clair County, IL
A St. Clair County marriage license can be obtained at the County Clerk's office, Courthouse,
- A photo ID (such as a driver's license) is required.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and show proof of age.
- The license is valid for 30 days after you receive it from the clerk.
- There is no blood test required.
Marriage Licenses from Other Counties
You can obtain your wedding license from any county clerk's office in the state of