Redeemed from the Curse
never seem to have enough!”
If you’ve ever thought any of these things, you are not alone!
These are some of the many questions I hear from Christian people whose daily struggles in life seem to be a continual problem…without a solution in sight.
Have you ever known someone who always seems to have something bad happening to them? If it’s not money problems, then it’s family problems; if it’s not family problems, then it is an accident or tragedy or sickness.
Maybe you have felt like that at times – that just when it seems like you’re getting some momentum, just when it seems like something good is about to happen, you’re hit with an unexpected bill or sickness or job loss or family problem that seems to complicate everything.
Why is that? The answer is: it’s a curse! Genesis says that ever since Adam’s sin, the earth and mankind have been under a curse.
The curse in it’s simplest definition is summed up in
Can we ever be truly free from it? The answer is YES! YES, you can absolutely be free! In fact, you already are!
Listen to what God says in Galatians 3:13-14: “Christ has redeemed us from THE CURSE of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, Cursed is everyone that hangs on a tree), that the blessing of Abraham might come…”
I want to show you how to reverse the curse so that this pattern of failure, or lack for what you need, never happens again!
You can get to the point where EVERYTHING THAT CAN GO RIGHT, DOES GO RIGHT!
As I have studied the Word of God concerning the curse and why bad things happen to good people, I found that there are 7 areas of our lives that it affects. I listed them here for you because I want to show you how to walk in total freedom beginning TODAY!
According to Deuteronomy, chapter 28, the curse brings the following things to mankind (pinch yourself and say, “ That seems like me!):
1. Poverty – v.29,38 (Poverty simply means not having enough)
2. Emotional problems – v. 28, 65
3. Family problems, including marriage problems and problems with our children – v. 30-34, 41
4. Sickness, disease, cancer – v. 22,27,35
5. Terrorism – v. 49-50 (yes, it’s in this Scripture!)
6. Failure and Defeat – v.20, 25
7. Fear – v. 65-67
The good news is that if any of these things are operating in your life, they don’t have a right to operate any more, and you can experience real freedom!
When Jesus went to the cross, He nailed these curses to it! He redeemed you. He bought you back from the bondage of the curse. He paid in full for every punishment, problem, and curse that should have fallen on you and me.
Most Christians tolerate bad things happening in their lives because they think that they are unavoidable. They expect it. THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND what they are really free from.
Imagine being jailed for a crime or accident you unintentionally committed. Regardless of your innocence, the jury finds you guilty. You would be frustrated, bitter, and confused.
That is what the curse is like – you don’t intend for bad things to happen, but they do. This confuses and frustrates you, which so often leads to emotions such as bitterness, fear and anger, just to name a few.
Here is an answer to your problems. Here’s how you can reverse this and stop these things from happening in your life:
1. Be convinced you are redeemed. Take a look in the mirror and tell yourself what Job proclaimed: “I know that my redeemer lives” (Job 19:25). We are also reminded in Galatians 3:13 that Christ redeemed you. Ephesians 1:7 tells us that we have redemption through the shed blood of our Savior.
2. Declare who you are in Christ. Psalm 107:2a: “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so! You have to use your words to declare who you are. You are redeemed, so say it. Say it when you feel like it; and say it when you don’t feel like it. Use your words to direct the outcome of your life. Proverbs 18:21 reminds us that life, blessing and prosperity are in the power of the tongue.
3. Stop expecting bad things to happen to you. Sometimes we “brace ourselves” for bad news and bad things so they don’t jolt us as much. Stop conditioning yourself to expect negative things to happen. Your spirit has enough energy and chemistry in it to bring those things upon you. That’s what Job meant when he said, “The thing I greatly feared has come upon me” (Job 3:25).
4. Finally, let me share with you how to deliver an absolute knockout blow to these nagging curses and see them reversed in your life.
The first thing God asked of Adam and Eve’s sons after the curse came was a sacrificial gift (Genesis 4:3 -12).
REMEMBER THIS SPIRITUAL KEY TO VICTORY!
But when you bring a sacrificial gift to God, it’s not as if God needs it – but you do! Your gift or your seed releases your faith to get God involved in your situation.
Throughout Scripture, it was a way in which man approached God – and rightly so. We should never approach royalty without a gift. It demonstrates respect, honor and CONFIDENCE in that person’s power and ability.
So today, follow these steps to claim your freedom from poverty, emotional problems, family problems, sickness, terrorism, failure, and fear:
1. PLANT A SEED – GIVE A SACRIFICIAL GIFT TO GOD AS A POINT OF CONTACT. What a time of the year to give to the one who has given so much to us! An offering activates your faith and releases God’s power to give back – good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.
2. When you give, I want to put in your hands this teaching I have prepared for you, Redeemed from the Curse. This will give you the understanding you must have to live a curse-free life.
3. AS A CONFIRMING ACT OF FAITH in the redeeming blood
of Jesus. TAKE COMMUNION, right there in your own home. 1 Corinthians
10:16 calls communion “THE CUP OF BLESSING.” When you receive the body
and the blood of Jesus, you are receiving the BLESSING in your life and
driving out the curse!
Your partner in the gospel,
Pastor Terry Aaron